Wednesday 16 January 2013

Simple Everyday Make-Up Products

So everyone has their own make up routine, some simpler than others, some with more products than others, high end products, drug store products; everyone's different. Personally for me and my everyday look, I like to go simple with products that are affordable however still create the look I want effectively. I'm not really one to wear high end products as for drug store work just as well. My skin is naturally alright and I rarely ever get spots, so foundation isn't that much of an necessity for me. I generally react to some foundations as they irritate my skin so I do have to be careful all in all.
None the less these products I use daily are great, and do the job! The products I use sometimes change, but for now this is what I use.
Firstly.. After I moisture I use

This foundation is brilliant and for me leaves my skin very radiant and glowy. It has a subtle shimmer to it but that what makes it so great! It doesn't have a heavy coverage but I don't particularly need that anyway, nevertheless it does do what it says on the bottle; it does really make you awake. I use it mainly on my inner cheeks, nose, forehead and chin as they are the areas that need 'perking up' as it were. This foundation is available in most drug stores and online and is totally affordable. I highly recommended this to you!

I then use the BM Beauty Finishing Powder, which I have recently switched to from a No7 powder. It works really well with the Rimmel Foundation leaving your skin look healthy and fresh and my face just feels so soft! A little goes along way and gives you a very flawless finish and you can just use this instead of foundation but sometimes I feel its just not enough so just target the powder all over. I got this in my Glossy Box but you can purchase this from the online BM beauty store.
I then contour my eyes with a little bit of bronzer. This is just a big standard bronzer as any works well for a subtle emphasis on the cheek bones and for me works really well. I use the lighter shade as the other side is far to dark! I simply aim it on my cheek bones not coming down the face to far and up my temples, just to create definition and give me a more slender face! So that's the face done!

Then onto the eyes where I just go really simple. This eyeliner is fantastic, everything I need in a eyeliner. It gives you great definition and I love to do a wing effect so the small nib of the pen gives great precision and the thicker edge to fill in and apply the colour. Soap and Glory generally do amazing products and thought why not try this and its by far the best eyeliner I've used! It's ranged in £6/7 mark I believe which is great and actually lasts a really long time!
To complete my eyes a few coats of the NYC High Definition Volume Mascara, just to fill out the eyes and make them voluminous and stand out. I feel this really brings out my eyes and makes the most of my lashes. I only apply this to my top lashes as I don't tend to wear mascara on my lower lashes (I feel I look ridiculous)! Depending on how many coats you use determines how thick you want them, 2 is enough for me and I feel just gives you an extra edge.

Lastly, nothing is complete without some colour to the lips. This is the Sleek Lipstick in colour Candy Cane! Its a gorgeous colour and very pigmented! I tend to just lightly dab the colour on and use a lip brush to distribute it if i'm going for a simple look but want something to brighten up my lips! Its durability is great and last ages and completes the look perfectly. I got this also with my GlossyBox but obviously Sleek will sell this i believe on their website also!


Thankyou for reading:)
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment